So it hurts me whenever I read about the loss of a dog and this week, I read about a woman who lost her dog in a most unassuming way – while on a walk on Queen Anne hill on Thanksgiving Day. While they happily walked along the sidewalk of Queen Anne Ave, her dog, Sammy, suddenly began to howl and went into convulsions. Unbeknownst to her, the dog had just stepped on a contact voltage plate that delivered enough electricity to kill a dog.
Read more about it here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013551882_dog30.html
While she has hired lawyers to recoup the funds associated with Sammy's medical and burial expenses, she is dealing with the loss of her pet, her soulmate, her buddy. She has a blog devoted to the dog and the incident in hopes to prevent this from happening again and also to help her move through her grief. If you are a dog lover or owner, please be sure to read the blog, pass on the information and help keep our Seattle dogs safe.